Monday, December 5, 2011

The Truth

I am writing this blog entry as I lay in bed at 10:30 p.m.. I have been staring at the blinking curser for twenty minutes contemplating one of my last blog entries. I am thoroughly exhausted from a day of classes, work and studying for 4 hours. All I want to do is shut my laptop, moisturize my face and pass out while listening to Friends on t.v., but this blog cannot wait. Instead of boring you, the reader, and myself I figure I might as well tell the truth, rather than painfully discuss politics while half a sleep. Work today was insane. It was busy, loud and overwhelming. All of my favorite customers decided to come in at the same time, so I was on bar making drinks while trying to have a normal conversation over the loud steaming of Eggnog. I probably understood about 40 percent of what each of them had to say, but I think I got the gist of it. People talk to their barista as if we are their therapist. I’ve heard confessions, explicit stories, raunchy jokes and countless complaints about significant others. I do not mind listening at all, everyone should have someone to talk to but when I am in the middle of a rush, I cannot properly “Oprah” the situation. To “Oprah” I mean to discuss, analysis and ultimately resolve the problem either by giving out cars or trips to Australia. I’m known for my ability to “Oprah” people’s problems at Starbucks. It’s a gift. 

Attenuate
v.
Weaken (adj: attenuated)
Audacious
adj.
Extremely bold; fearless, especially said of human behavior (n: audacity)

No comments:

Post a Comment