Thursday, December 1, 2011

Deny the Acceptance of Failure

          The end of the semester is upon us. For the next two weeks I will do nothing but study and work. Perhaps I will try to squeeze in some sleep but only a few hours a night. Last year, I did not stress about finals. I earned high scores in my classes so the finals would not affect me too much but everything has changed. My classes are way more intense this semester, I’m working more often and my personal life is a mess. I knew classes would be more difficult this semester because I am taking all upper division courses but I had no idea that my life outside of academia would be so stressful. I found myself excusing my laziness and lack of motivation because of my breakup but that only hindered my success. I procrastinated too much, slept too much, and complained way too much this semester. Everyone has their own problems that they need to deal with but mine just seemed more important than school for a few weeks. Although my ignorance probably hurt my grades, I did the best I could considering my situation. Now I must get through the final two weeks of hell and attempt to muster up the courage to succeed. I’ve found that success takes courage; one must be brave to fully explore knowledge and succeed in this world. I will “Deny the acceptance of failure.”

Taciturn
adj.
Habitually untalkative or silent (n: taciturnity)
Temperate
adj.
Exercising moderation and self-denial; calm or mild (n: temperance)

No comments:

Post a Comment