Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday

        Today was long and tiring and it is only 5 pm. I woke up late for my 9 am class and rather than jumping out of bed as soon as realized the time, I laid there peacefully almost appreciating my incompetent alarm. Lately my emotions have been so inconsistent. Some days I feel strong and ready to begin my newly single life by planning extravagant trips to Europe and sculpting a new body at the gym. Then other days I mope around the house listening to classic love ballads and explaining, in detail, to my friends why I will never experience that kind of love again. I am grateful that I have people in my life who listen to me scream along to Kelly Clarkson’s “Since You’ve Gone,” then morosely whisper the lyrics to Tracy Chapman’s “Love’s Proof.” My wild emotions are somewhat comical and make for decent stories but they eventually wear me down until I collapse into bed earlier than the average fifth-grader. With time my emotions should steady and my energy level will rise but until then, caffeine will be my greatest ally.

volatile
adj.
Explosive; fickle (n: volatility).

voracious
adj.
Craving or devouring large quantities of food, drink, or other things. She is a voracious reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment